3 Things to know about PLN this month
- Holiday Gift items are arriving every day.
- Christmas Trees, Wreaths, Poinsettias and Paperwhites arrive close to Thanksgiving week.
- Hours are slightly reduced but we are OPEN every day (M/F 9-5, S/S 10-4). Extended holiday hours will kick in after Thanksgiving.
SAVE THE DATE!
PROTECT YOUR INVESTMENT
Tree wrap is used to prevent Sunscald which usually occurs during winter and early spring. Intense sunlight warms the surface of the trees to the point of stimulating cell activity in the bark. A sudden drop in temperature at night can cause damage to the tree resulting in a condition known as Sunscald. Tree wrap is necessary for not only newly planted trees, but also thin barked trees like soft maple, honeylocust, and crabapples. Wrap after the first hard frost to Easter!
Garden Thymes with Jackie
- Final fall clean-up!
- After a hard frost wrap your tree trunks to prevent winter Sunscald damage.
- Fertilize your lawn with Jirdon’s Winterizer.
- Blow out your sprinklers!!!
- You still have time to plant spring blooming bulbs
- Paperwhites & amaryllises are classic holiday flowers. They take 4-6 weeks to bloom from bulbs so start them in mid- late November for holiday color.
- Extend your season by adding a cold frame around your cool season crops
- Plant garlic bulbs
- Mulch root veggies for harvest through the winter