What’s happening this month at PLN?
An Event You Won’t Want To Miss!
SALE SALE SALE
Look for our 75% Off Purple Ribbon Trees throughout the nursery; our special Red Dot section of Shrubs for $15; our Red Sale Truck section with Red Dot Pottery at 75%!
Especially for Fall
Mums & Fall Baskets will instantly add color to your entryway or patio & deck areas for the fall
As we wind down our gardens for this season, now is the only time to plant bulbs for early spring blooms
Garden Thymes with Jackie
- It’s fall cleanup time!!!
- Add mulch to the base of trees & shrubs to prevent moisture evaporation
- After a hard frost wrap your tree trunks to prevent winter sun scald damage (we have wrap for you in the gift shop)
- Set up a schedule to winter water your trees. Landscape plantings will need to be watered twice a month when temperatures are above 40 degrees throughout the winter. Please keep in mind that snow does not count as watering unless we have a very heavy spring snow
- Start dreaming of riots of color in the spring by planting spring blooming bulbs: tulips, daffodils, hyacinths, crocus, and giant alliums!
- Cut back perennial flowers – if the foliage is disease free, add the cuttings to your compost pile
- Dig up tender dahlias and gladiolas and store for next year
- Apply mulch around your roses to protect them through the winter months
- Continue to enjoy the fruits of your labor while the weather holds
- Clean veggie beds and apply a moderate (1″ – 3″) layer of compost
- Extend your season by adding a cold frame around your cool season crops
- Rough till your annual beds and add a layer of compost
- Toss out spent summer annual plantings
- Clean pottery and move to storage