https://www.pinelanenursery.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/pinelane-logo.png 0 0 Pine Lane Nursery https://www.pinelanenursery.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/pinelane-logo.png Pine Lane Nursery2015-12-02 11:30:002021-04-19 20:57:35Christmas Open House
Start a new tradition!
Why not have a “living” Christmas tree this year?
Live Christmas Trees
- Keep the tree indoors for as short a time as possible less than a week is best.
- Water twice a week while indoors. Misting the needles also helps.
- After Christmas move the tree to the garage for several days before planting.
- Plant as soon as practical after Christmas.
- Plant into non-frozen soil if possible – mulch will prevent soil from freezing.
- Water heavily at planting and once a month for the rest of the winter, unless you get heavy wet snows.
- Plant tree at same depth as the plant was originally in container and 6-8″ further than the radius of container. Add compost (mix 1/3 compost to the 2/3rd of your soil. Finally add mulch around the tree.
- Always handle the tree very carefully to prevent disturbing the roots within the ball.